MouthWatch Remote Monitoring in your practice
Implementing MouthWatch is easy -- for you, your staff and your patients.
Step 1: While your patient is in the operatory
With the MouthWatch intraoral camera connected to a Windows or Apple computer, begin your demonstration. Explain why visually monitoring is important, and show your patient how simple the system is to use. Suggest that using the MouthWatch Home Dental Monitoring System would let them--and you--monitor their oral health more frequently.
Step 2: Before your patient leaves your office
Have your staff provide the patient with the packaged MouthWatch unit, and register them into your MouthWatch Patient list. By the time your patient gets home, a welcoming email will be waiting, explaining to them how to use the system to perform a “QuickExam”, visually track a concern, share images with you and request an appointment.
Step 3: When patients share and communicate
Each time a patient shares images and concerns with you, replies to your response or requests an appointment, you’ll receive an email notification to check your MouthWatch Professional dashboard. There you can efficiently review their message and respond. You can also choose to involve your assistant in this process.
Choosing MouthWatch patients
MouthWatch Home Visual Monitoring is ideal for all patients in your practice, but we recommend you start with patients who:
- Need frequent cleanings due to heavy plaque and calculus build up
- Are on the fence about treatment decisions or are considering large rehabilitation cases and could use an in-home visual reminder
- Have just finished oral surgery or implant placement and need monitoring during healing before treatment continues
- Are being treated for systemic conditions such as diabetes or heart disease, or patients undergoing chemotherapy and need to be more aware of their oral health
- Have children and need a tool to educate and make home care and oral hygiene more interesting and fun
- Travel extensively or are leaving town for extended periods of time, such as summer camp, college or temporary relocation
Using the MouthWatch dashboard
The MouthWatch Professional dashboard is the heart of the system in your practice. It has been designed to make engagement with your patients and fellow professionals using MouthWatch as quick, easy and useful as possible.
On the Professional Dashboard, you and your staff can:
- See and respond to new messages, with emergency requests prioritized
- Review correspondence and images from any patient, and respond in seconds
- Set care reminders for patients to address specific issues you want to follow up on
- Set internal reminders that enhance your practice’s “human touch” by effectively reminding you when to call or email follow ups to specific patients.
- Set limits to how many QuickExams, Concerns, Messages and other communications you are willing to receive from patients
- Manage your robust professional profile that lists details about your practice, including your logo, photos, description, services offered, hours, insurance accepted and more.